August 31, 2006

update and ramblings without pics

It seems longer than just a few weeks since I've posted. I hate the month of August; so hot I could kill someone, and of course, this month has just dragged on! Tomorrow it's over--yay! Heat and morning sickness don't mix well...come to think of it, nothing mixes well with morning sickness.

It's been more than a couple months since Gene pulled the plug on our internet, (we tried, in vain, to get wireless going, really we did) and now that he's back in school it turns out that all his required reading is ONLINE. So hallalujah -we'll be getting internet again this weekend! I can't wait to post some pics about our downstairs rooms that are done, and most recently our new oak kitchen floor! I need to do a "before & after" to do it complete justice. The only sad news in the midst of our renovations is that the new carpet smell makes me sick, so I don't really spend a lot of time down there...yet. We're going to have to shampoo our brand new carpet. Stupid-ultra-sensitive-smell-preggy-wacko-nose!

We heard the heartbeat today. It was a good, strong & loud heartbeat. It is always reassuring to finally hear it, especially given that there are a few days that I don't even "feel" pregnant.

After my doctor appointment we drove out to the airport to watch President Bush arrive with his entorage & then watch Air Force One take off. More striking than the sight of the plane was the absolute silence coming from the airport, for at least an hour before hand, as they clear all air space around Air Force One. He stayed at the Grand America hotel last night, which just happens to be the same hotel Gene & I are staying in for our Anniversary (11 years on Sept. 7). He won (at work) a night stay in an executive suite w/ dinner AND spa treatment! Maybe we'll get to see the Presidential suite?!

One last thought. As soup has been a staple for me lately I have to praise one of my favorite kitchen utensils: a small standing wisk from Pampered Chef. Seriously I love this thing. It blends anything to the creamiest of textures. Gravy, soup, white sauce --no lumps! I'm just sayin'.

No comments: