December 12, 2006

christmas stuff and updates


Sorry I've been so lame about posting. I'm either physically tired or brain dead lately and just can't seem to muster up the energy to update this blog. Sadly another side effect of being tired is that I haven't taken advantage of the many photo ops that we've had, so hence I have very few pics to post. Shortly after the Art Co-op ended here at my house the girls and I came down with a head cold; mine went to my chest and turned into bronchitis. The good news is that we are better now. We've enjoyed a homeschool Christmas craft day (complete with hot cocoa and cookies), a homeschool fieldtrip to the Nutcracker ballet and a family trip to Midway, UT to visit the Creche exhibits and Swiss days gingerbread house displays/silent auction.

This one was my favorite! The entire thing is edible, made with gingerbread and royal frosting. Last I saw it was going for $750 dollars!




We let Sarah take some pictures of some nativity exhibits, but they turned out a little too blurry. It was fascinating to see over 900 displays from all over the world. The smallest nativity scene was whittled on top of a match-stick, and you needed a magnifying glass to view it. There was one made from mud & dung from the Congo, and another made from the volcanic ashes of Mt. Saint Helen's. There were nativities carved from olive wood from Israel, and ones hand painted on eggs from Asia; all very incredible.

Last Friday we had our ward Christmas party and Primary program in which Sarah sang (songs that I didn't even recognize). Then the next day we visited Santa and two of his eight reindeer. Only Santa left promptly at 3:00 leaving half the line stranded & feeling like we were on his "naughty" list. So we will have to make another attempt to see him at the mall or somewhere.

I've also had my doctor check-up. My blood pressure was better than it's been a couple times before-yay! And I'm measuring (both with the tape and the ultrasound) earlier than my original due date. So now I'm "due" February 20-something. Emma's birthday (she'll turn three) is February 11th. I think it's going to be close! We still don't have a name picked out. Seriously, this is where I could use some help!!! I like names that end with an "a" (long or short sound) or a consonant, and I try to stay away from "e, ie, ey" sounds -given that our last name ends in that. Any suggestions?

No comments: