As much as I love watching my kids open presents on Christmas morning, I have a sort of sadness at the end of that day. Wah--it's over. And Black Friday? Yes. I've been doing this thang since before I had kids--going on 14 years now--and No. We didn't trample anyone to death, so I don't want to hear about commercialism or retailers ruining the spirit of things. If I go I'm feeding the beast, if I don't go I'm not contributing to the economy on a very important, profitable day, so I pay no attention & go for tradition's sake. Felicia and I have plans to go even when we no longer need to buy things just to "people watch".
Thanksgiving company. We put 2 long tables together in the downstairs great room--reminds me of eating at Grandma Wood's as a child. Then we go through the ads and the guys watch football.

No comments:
Post a Comment