March 14, 2009

show and tell

A mother has every right to brag about her kids every now and then, right? Right! In fact I think it's our duty. I think it'd be a sad childhood to never have your mother brag about you. So in that spirit I need to share a couple things, this time about Sarah:

The model T-Rex that Sarah got for Christmas she put together bone by bone, decoding marks just like a paleontologist would. It is to scale and quite large sitting on top my piano.

This certificate came as a surprise in the mail the other day. When we got her test results last fall we knew she did well, but the *top 10% NATIONALLY* in two areas?! Wow!

Not pictured is the 6 page story that Sarah wrote last week called "The Mystery of the Dog". It's adorable--even with all the spelling errors--and is demonstrative of the shear volume of books that she reads. She loves reading, especially the Box Car Children series and burns through one book in a day! I'm so proud of her and so happy that I just had to share. Thanks for listening. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has a good teacher :)

Carla said...

Thanks honey! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my smart little neice! Way to go Sarah!! Love Aunt Flea

Anonymous said...

Bless Sarah's little heart....and BIG mind. Good for her and you also. Barb