October 31, 2010

Halloween

You know that song: Video Killed the Radio Star? Well, I believe that Facebook killed the 'Blog Star'! I used to update this poor blog at least weekly, even a couple times a week for a while there, but it seems anymore that my life can be summed up in a quick 'status update' or 'tweet'. Meanwhile all the photos that I love & want to share sit on my computer collecting cyber-dust. Sad.

Halloween was more than a month ago (even though the date stamp will read differently) and soooo much has happened since then. I suppose that it's a good thing that I have a fun & busy life and more importantly that I am PRESENT and living that life, but I would like to journal it more often, which means I would like the time to be able to journal it.

We had a fun Halloween season. We had two little witches and a little ghost in our family. We spent a rainy evening collecting candy at our ward house trunk-or-treat then, per tradition, went to Verle & Lori's home for our family trick-or-treat in their neighborhood and soup pot-luck. Yummy. All year long I look forward to Lorraine's baked potato soup! (I realize that I can cook some for my own family, but Gene doesn't like potato anything, so...) The rain really dampened their loot--in years past they've brought home 5 lbs or more of candy (yes, we weigh it), but this year Emma & Sarah got only 3.5 lbs and Morgan got 2.5 lbs. Still we had so much fun seeing how everyone dressed up and then watching Hocus Pocus after all was said and done. The next day the 'Book Witch' brought our girls a new Halloween book in exchange for a candy sacrifice. ;)

Emma, Morgan, Sarah & Gene carving pumpkins from our own garden
a couple days before Halloween.


Our finished Jack-O-Lanterns

"Woody" Emmett, "Ghost" Morgan & "Buzz" Grant--cutie cousins!


My cute niece, Jen (l), and her roommate dressed up as the perfect gLee cheerleaders!


Morgan enjoying the fruit (chocolate) of her labors!


Witch Emma, Ghost Morgan & Witch Sarah


Sarah & Emma showing Aunt Felicia their missing teeth


"TRICK OR TREAT!" at Uncle Jeff & Aunt Felicia's house.

We stopped by my Mom's house as well. Morgan LOVES Grandma!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take some of THE cutest pics, Carla. Barbara

Home School coach said...

I absolutely LOVE that book witch idea. I am going to contact that witch right away and send her to my granddaughters home next year. Just brilliant.
Being Present is the best gift that we give our children. Noting else can really compare. So keep doing mostly that! : )