November 14, 2010

hubs b-day

My hubby turned 42 this year! His birthday happened to land on the Sunday that was Stake Conference, so we played hookie and stayed home. We made him breakfast in bed and lounged around watching movies & playing, etc. I made a good lunch and the girls gave him a "spa" (which is what they call a foot rub/back rub/braiding the hair--even on Gene). Then we went out to Lorraine's house for dinner (mmmm....Mexican!) and cake/ice cream. Gene requested that I make apple pie, which I did, and Lorraine made a chocolate cake that, unfortunately, no one got to enjoy due to an accident. It made for a spectacular conversation piece though! A couple days later my brother took the hubby out to dinner. He had a lot of fun!


Gene is the type of person who feels deeply and a little love goes a long way! At times he gets over-looked or taken for granted because he likes to "fly under the radar", but I hope this birthday showed him how much her means to everybody in our lives and how much he is truly loved!!! Happy Birthday, Gene!


The fallen chocolate cake. :( Did you know that you shouldn't put glass bakeware
on a hot glass/flat top stove? It burst and shattered ev.ery.where!


The homemade apple pie that I made (and just NOW realized that I got
his age wrong on the crust!) (Wow!)

Gene (in the green) with Cody, and all the kiddos (Morgan--peeking out on the left, Megan, Nathan, Sarah, Gianna, Grant & Emmett) singing "Happy Birthday to YOU" and helping to blow out all those candles!!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun Birthday Day.....good food, cute kids, sweet Gene. Happy Birthday again. MOM