The beginning of almost any week starts off rather slow; aside from the house cleaning that follows a weekend of house neglect and/or Gene being home. (I always thought women exaggerated when they'd say their husband was as messy as the kids.) It starts off slow also, in part, because I'm slow --dragging, because we've been going and going during the weekend. Mid-week the pace picks up; Wednesdays are starting to get very congested with HS group activities, meeting and church stuff. Anyway, I digress, I just wanted to give you an idea of why I may never start at Monday. Here's last week (mid-October).
Wednesday, my SIL, Felicia and I attended a Smart Women Smart Money conference at the Salt Palace, for free. It was very financially inspiring. This is a picture (albeit a poor one) of Kurt Bestor, one of the MC's.
This is Simba on Thursday. Notice all the fallen leaves making a nice, soft blanket for him. We have yet to rake them up, that'll be next week. Isn't he cute though!

I just like this picture --a close up of how the leaves are changing.
Still Thursday. I canned 28 quarts of grape juice --the way my Grandma K. used to do it-- yummy!
Friday we picked and picked and picked 60+ pounds of apples...
...of which I plan on canning apple pie filling, apple sauce and apple butter with.
Cuties-- Sarah and Emma playing in the sand box.
Saturday was our ward's Relief Society "Super Saturday" which turned out to be very fun and filled a much needed break from the kids. I made this picture mat that surrounds the article The Living Christ. And I also made this...
A new Family Home Evening chart --cute, even if I do say so myself. I plan on hanging this in the downstairs family room next to the fireplace when we get it all painted. And, yes, one heart is blank, ya' know --just in case.
That's about it; the highlights as far as I'm concerned. Now that I've sufficiently bored you to death, return in a few days for this weeks pictures, if you have the stomach for it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment