It's snowing again today. I love the snow. I love staying indoors and being "domestic". I just don't love the monotonous routine of the daily grind.play. mess. pick up. play. mess. pick up. play. mess. pick up...
wear. wash. fold. wear. wash. fold. wear. wash. fold...
cook. wash. put away. cook. wash. put away. cook. wash. put away...
Anyway, I live for something new to break up the boredom, like HS fieldtrips, a great sale or a lunch date with a friend. (I spend far too much time at this computer reading blogs, savoring the new posts, reading message boards, email, etc.) So, for example, I have this thing, this....twisted sickness, in which I love to "deprive" myself (and our family) during the month leading up to Christmas. Just for a change of routine. We try to eat ourselves out of house and home. We eliminate any "frills" in the menu. It's challenging and fun to see what you can make with a can of soup, bread crusts and beans.
Absolutely NO toys of any kind (even happy meal toys) can be purchased, or books for that matter. We purge our playroom and give to charity any toys that have not been played with in the last 6 months or so. We do get out to see the Christmas lights, Santa and other festivities, but they're usually free!
That way, come Christmas day (when we DO have all the frills) it's super special and like...
No comments:
Post a Comment