December 28, 2005

christmas means carnage

Well, all the packages are opened and a pile of wrapping paper sits in our fireplace waiting to be burned. Boxes lay around the floor like a bunch of dead carcasses and I could build an addition to the house with the amount of plastic covered twist-ties that we've taken off each gift. Likewise, the roast beast and who-pudding have been devoured, and bits of chocolate covered pretzels from the neighbors cover the countertops.

It's post Christmas and I don't feel like cleaning.

I'd much rather just play with the kids and BE a kid again and play with my stuff and stay in pajamas all day long! But, alas, being "THE mom" that I am, I cannot catch a break.

That's okay. Christmas was a LOT of fun, the church service made it even more special, and seeing the reaction from my girls (when we finally got home) on Christmas morning makes even the cleaning worth it.

Here I go....

I'm getting off the computer now....

I'm going....

sigh............

No comments: