Lately I've been a little pissy. Melancholy at best, but mostly very irritable.
Dolly Parton says it best in this song.
It really bugs me that I'm feeling this way right after the holiday season. I should still be enjoying watching my children play with their new toys, but instead I feel that I'm playing the role of Joan Crawford in "Mommy Dearest". I know a lot of people always say "enjoy them while they're young" but right now I would love to hit the fast-forward button to adulthood.
It's not so much my kids as it is the way that I feel my life is stagnant right now. I'm an artist. I went to college to major in Art Teaching (even got on the Dean's list), and I have nothing if not a wanderlust creative spirit in me. I'm like a fish out of water, literally suffocating, if I can't express myself in some form of craft or art. The problem being that I could really use a million dollars to get everything done that I want done. That, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. However, if I can't do it perfectly all at once I often do nothing at all. I know it doesn't make sense.
So, I'm also in the process of making new years resolutions and about to through in the towel and say to hell with it all! Too much pressure, too much I want to do, too little time and energy! Hence my bad/melancholic/party-of-one-pity-party!
Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment