
Last night I attended my first Caucus and it was exhilarating! Can I just say how much I love this system. Getting involved at the delegate level for County and State is critical people! It was SO nice to be able to talk with the candidates and see where they stand on issues that are important to me and my family (namely, freedom of choice in education) and who they support, etc. There was one gentleman who seemed less than enthusiastic to be there and admittedly didn't know his issues, where he stood or who's running. I was embarrassed for him. Hello? Why even be there? And then somebody nominated him. What the...? Thankfully he wasn't elected. It was also disheartening to see that, out of 500 registered voters in our precinct, only 18 people showed up. What's up with that? I plan on helping Sue to get out the vote and increase that number next time.
March 22, 2006
spring caucus
How gorgeous is this?! This is what Spring in NC looks like! Here we are just getting some tulips and daffodils peeking through the cold, dead ground while the last of the snow is melting. My mother-in-law will eat this up, but I must admit I'm ready for winter to end. I like snow, I even love it sometimes, but November through March? -it really is getting kinda old now! Mostly, I want my kids to be able to go outside and run off the energy they've pent up all season long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment