April 17, 2006

the week in pictures 4/17

Early in the week, Michelle (my dear friend of 16 years), hosted an Easter Egg hunt at her house. She has an incredible back yard and, of course, it was covered with eggs that she thoughtfully hand filled with candy and toys. But, was that enough? Oh, no! Michelle also handed out Easter cups with chocolate bunnies to each child. Sarah and Emma had sooo much fun. Thanks Michelle!!! We love you!

Here's Sarah (blinking) holding her basket with 12 eggs, a cup and a bunny.

Emma loved the eggs but had a hard time getting them open.

****************

Wednesday we went to our first Homeschooling Health Co-op class; Sarah gets dropped off at the older group and I stay with Emma for the younger toddler class. We made a map of our body and learned about exercise, while Sarah's group learned about nutrition and hygiene.

Saturday night we colored the eggs and bathed the girls. Then I got their baskets filled and laid out their dresses for Sunday. The girls woke up at 8am to search for their Easter baskets and eat a quick breakfast of hard-boiled eggs, fruit smoothie and toast before church. Here they are in their Easter dresses.

We decided to do pink this year. Note the matching handbags--too cute!

Sarah looking like Jackie Kennedy Onasis. ;)

Emma simply looking sweet! It was a little too windy for a great pic.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend. And now that all the *sugary-sweet* holidays are out of the way, here's hoping I lose those extra pounds!!! :) I tell ya', Halloween thru Easter is a killer for someone with a sweet tooth.

No comments: