April 25, 2006

the week in pictures 4/25


That's right. I now have a SIX YEAR OLD. Sarah had her birthday party this past weekend at a local "bounce house". All of her friends came; we had 8 little girls running around bouncing, playing, scooter-ing, dancing, eating & bouncing some more. It was a lot of fun, and not one of those horrid places where the staff are idiot teenagers and totally incompetent, they were very attentive and ran things so smoothly it was kind of shocking.

Have you ever known somebody for a while and thought "they remind me of someone" but couldn't put your finger on it? It's been that way the last few months or so with my daughter, Sarah. And I've finally figured out who she reminds me of. Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. Like Laura, Sarah is just so grateful--almost all the time. She said "Oh Mom, this is the BEST birthday EVER!...thanks for being my Mom." She just kept oozing with gratitude. And then she'd throw in a little quirk like "My friends ROCKED the party!" Seriously. I have no idea, don't ask. I'm just so thankful to have a grateful daughter.

Well, between cutting cake and video tapping I was able to get a few snapshots.



Sarah (second one on left) with her friends.

Some girls wanted to bounce, some wanted to scoot, others played arcade games.

One happy birthday girl with her gifts.

After the party, Sarah & Madison decided they wanted to *bounce* even more on our trampoline.

Happy Birthday Sarah -- We love you!

No comments: