I love this time of year! I am usually giddy with fall fever, baking and holiday preparations. However, this year I'm finding myself in a bit of a blue mood. It's unfortunate, but true, that I get a bit depressed when I'm pregnant or have just had a baby. They say this is "normal" ...whatever. (I refuse to take meds while pregnant or early nursing.) But this year it seems unbearable sometimes. I've been crying at the drop of a hat...at the thought of the hat dropping.
I have no doubt that some of this is due to extenuating circumstances that I have no control over. People that I shouldn't have control over (but previously thought I had) making stupid choices. And realizing some unpleasant truths about myself (eating humble pie doesn't taste so good). Then there's my *imagination* when I'm pregnant--it can really get out of hand! I have a tendency to imagine 15, very elaborate, steps into the future instead of living in the present. Anyway....
That all said, I am having a lot of fun doing Halloween crafts and homeschool co-op art classes (that I'm currently hosting at my house until mid November). Sarah is turning into quite the young artist! She is currently writing and illustrating her own princess book. Her favorite subject continues to be math (I wonder how she ever became MY daughter). Emma is constantly following Sarah and doing everything Sarah does, only re-doing it so that it feels like she did it "first". She's big into "me do!" They play surprisingly well most of the time. Although, this week art class is canceled due to a stomach bug that we've all had the pleasure of having. I'm running on such little sleep that I'm dizzy. And nauseous. And weepy.
Well, I finally got my palm to sync with this computer again, so I think I'll post some long over-due pictures from this summer. Nothing huge; for some reason I didn't get a single pic of when Kathleen & family were here or any of our camping trips, but better late than never.
**Blogger is having problems, so the pics will have to wait yet some more**
BTW, we found out that we're having another girl. The baby looks good & healthy, and aside from my stretching muscles and aching back this pregnancy is coming along fairly well.
No comments:
Post a Comment