May 23, 2007

oh, my aching back


The new IKEA opened today just 15-20 minutes from my house. I took my kids and my Mom (who visited Sweden last year) to the grand opening (click the link for pics & video of the Draper opening). We arrived as the doors were opening.....and 45 minutes later we actually got INSIDE the store. Country, I should say; this place could have it's own zip code! The line wrapped around the 310,000 sq. foot building and zig-zagged back and forth about a dozen times. It was very packed inside, yet I have to say everything ran as smoothly as a well oiled machine! They should be proud.
I bought a few small things--a throw for my couch, some closet organizers & a soap dish (I plan on returning with Gene to buy the large things), and we ate at the restaurant--YUM! My kids did pretty good for 6.5 hours. Emma freaked out over a paper cut, and I had to take a nursing break occasionally for Morgan, and Sarah had fun at the play-land, but all-in-all I won't be taking my kids back there any time soon!
I am so stinkin' tired and sore...I hope I can move tomorrow!

No comments: