
I love all kinds of music, but usually not all at the same time. Each year I seem to go through different phases; 80's pop, jazz, country, folk, soulful boy-bands and even Broadway musicals. I have my favorites in each genre: HoJo, Erasure, Harry, Sinatra, Tim McGraw, James Taylor, BoyzIIMen, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (featuring Donny Osmond, of course).
When I'm feeling very mellow there's nothing better than my Natalie Merchant Tigerlilly CD. For cleaning the house it's Alanis Morisette Jagged little pill. Usually this time of year (coming upon the fourth of July) I start my country/patriotic phase--completely subconsciously.
However a couple weeks ago my girlfriend, Rosann, and I attended a Harry Connick Jr. concert and it has thrown me into a serious jazz phase (which usually happens around Christmas time for some reason). I can't get enough of this song! I had so much fun at the concert with Rosann, and I can't thank you enough, girlfriend, for coming along. Even though it would've been way more fun in a city that actually moved to the rhythm, instead of sitting still properly tapping our toes. I was really impressed with his band and I loved the sax players, but my favorite band instrument is still the snare drum. Of course, my fav favorites are Harry's 3 pianos and his smooth crooner voice!
No comments:
Post a Comment