I love that this time of year brings out the patriotism in people, including myself. I am so incredibly thankful and proud to be an American. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee Greenwood's song "Proud to be an American", but for some reason this song struck a cord with me; who would've thought Taylor Hicks would come through?!
With all that's wrong in this country at times, I still wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I believe that there was a Divine hand guiding our founding fathers in establishing this country, it's rights and liberties. I also believe that, though things might get worse before they get better, it will be that same Divine hand that saves this country and it's constitution. This time of year also reminds me that people are inherently more good than bad. Thanks to all the people in my little world who love liberty more than life.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton
No comments:
Post a Comment