July 16, 2007

flying

I'm sitting at my computer listening (via baby monitor) to Sarah & Emma playing in the baby's room; unaware that the monitor is on, they are sweetly exchanging in ideas and dialogue and giggling and it's warming my heart!



This past Saturday Gene had some fun of his own redeeming the gift certificate that I gave him for Father's Day: a Discovery flight. For an hour you get to take a private lesson and then sit in the pilot's seat to fly an airplane with an instructor. He had a blast! He couldn't fly over our house (restricted air space) but he did get to fly over his mom's house, and even called her so that she could come out and wave. Gene said he has no idea how he's going to top this come Mother's Day. Oh, I'm sure I'll have some ideas to help him out....overnight girls retreat sounds pretty good, day spa, hmmm....

Pilot Gene

hangin' loose





Take off


the SL valley below

Gene's mom's house


No comments: