Every April during the first weekend of the month,
(aka: General Conference weekend) I start my
spring cleaning tradition. I usually end up with one big project during the process--this year it was the kitchen. We had ordered new cabinets and so I wanted to paint the ones, inside and out, that were staying so that they'd look as nice. Of course, the walls needed to be painted and moulding trimmed and new pictures hung and plants bought. You get the idea. What was meant to take the weekend instead took the entire month to complete. Toss in Tae Kwon Do ceremonies, CRT testing, a week long vacation, a birthday, preparing an open-house and soccer practices and you have a whirlwind-busy month! I'll post before and after pictures of the kitchen later. Here's the Tae Kwon Do ceremony:
Sarah graduating from Little Dragon black-belt to...

...intermediate Yellow-belt. Her goal is to achieve adult black-belt.

Some of her moves include push ups...

...demonstrating for the class her headstand and handstand...

...and breaking a board with her fist. She's up to a 1" thick board for her heel.
We're all so proud of her accomplishments, by which she has great self-esteem, and of her level of commitment to this sport.
2 comments:
Anonymous said...
Carla, I absolutely LOVE your web-site {blog}....wish everyone in the family would do this. It keeps me up to date with your family life and is so much fun to read and see the pics. Hope you never get tired of doing this. Love, Barbara {M-in-law}
12:17 AM
Philip said...
Great pictures. So glad that this is a positive experience for her!
10:34 AM
Post a Comment