May 7, 2008

the month of april, part two, disneyland

After the kitchen cabinet was installed, and the couple days of CRT testing for Sarah, we packed our bags for California. The same day we left I attended my nephew, Dean's, open house in the morning (he's in the Air Force now) and my cousin, Jen's, baby shower, then that evening my brother dropped us off at the airport.
THE AIRPORT
Sarah and Emma watching the planes taxi up to the gates.

My very handsome husband, Gene, with Morgan watching an in-flight movie. He and Emma sat behind Sarah and myself. And, yes, I definitely had my turn with the baby.

Outside Long Beach airport around 9pm. Soon the kids will fall asleep in the rental car and then have a melt-down when we wake them to get into the hotel.
DISNEYLAND
In front of Mr. Walt Disney, himself--mommy behind the camera, as usual.
When you have 3 girls the "Royal Coronation" becomes a daily priority!
EMMA
Emma with her absolute favorite princess--Belle! She nearly knocked her over giving her a hug. Sweet that Belle talked with Emma for almost 5 full minutes.
Emma during the parade eating cotton candy. by. the. mouth. full.
Driving in Autopia. I love her face!
Emma and mommy chasing down Sarah in the Bug's Life park--California Adventure.
Gene, in blue, the plastic bag that is my daughter, Emma, and Sarah in pink on the Grizzly rapids.
Emma, with Daddy and Sarah, on her favorite ride--the Teacups.
MORGAN

Is she not the cutest freakin' baby ever?! Could you not squish those cheeks?!

Sarah, Morgan and Daddy on the Winnie the Pooh ride.

Morgan post-Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Nothing like a dark, watery boat ride to rock an exhausted baby to sleep.

At the Star Wars Pizza cafe. Morgan turned into an animal and refused to use her hands.

Morgan watching sisters on a ride.

Sweet baby girl--little miss Morgan.

SARAH

Sarah aboard the caterpiller ride in bugs life--looks like Morgan's the caterpiller. :)

Sarah climbing rocks inside critter country, I think.

Inside the Blue Bayou restaurant for Sarah's 8th birthday lunch. This shot is pretty accurate of the true lighting--even a little too bright.

Emma, Gene and Sarah at the Blue Bayou. Morgan was asleep in the stroller. Yay! Gene ordered the Monte Cristo sandwich and I had the Jambalaya and a mint julep. The kids had mac & cheese and chicken drumsticks.


Sarah pulling her hair back. I love this shot. Sweet 8 year old girl!

Emma & Sarah sitting on a "Popsicle" bench at Bug's Life.

HOME AGAIN

Sarah watching an in-flight tv show. The kids loved flying for their first time--their own tv, all-you-can-eat snacks and the experience of it all.

After a week being gone, including 5 days at Disneyland, I am glad to be home! I finished painting the kitchen and getting things ready in the nick of time for Sarah's baptism this past Saturday (May 3). I'll post that soon. Now I need to get to bed!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chels said...
Wow that looks like such a blast!!! I love all the pics, Aunt Carla!!!

3:33 PM