Every summer we get together with family and head somewhere to camp out, but our favorite spot, and one that keeps bringing us back again & again, is
Palisade State Park . There are so many things to do there: fishing, canoeing,
golfing, four-wheeling, biking, hiking and Six Mile Canyon is close for off roading.
Jeff & Felicia brought their ATV's and we rented a paddle boat & brought our bikes. Gene went out on the lake with the kids while some of us hit an early tee-time on the golf course for 9 holes. Being only my second time on a professional golf course I was ridiculously over par, but I had fun and actually made quite a few impressive moves.
After that we went out on the trails with the four-wheelers for a couple hours and that was way more fun than I expected! Then after lunch we each took turns with the paddle boats and jumping off the floating platform or swimming around. What a blast & super fun day--and everyone slept well that night! The day before was spent checking out the little towns 15 minutes away and setting up camp, and on the last day we ate a big breakfast but then broke down camp early and headed home since the kids were coming down with a head-cold.
the girls helping daddy set up the tent
our campsite shared with family
grilling yummy corn on the cob & chicken
our golf-cart caravan: Felicia (my caddy), Jeff & Lysette, Alyssa & Jordan

me with my charming nephew, Jordan (who's not a half-bad golfer btw)

Lysette *smooch*
yeah, lovely
Jeff teeing off
Lysette, Sarah & Alyssa heading off to the dirt trails

Gene and Emma heading off to the trails
We let Morgan run around nekked to air out her diaper rash

Sarah loves the outdoors and is a fish in water

Gene with Sarah on our battery powered floaty/jet ski

Gene with Sarah and Emma heading out on the paddle boat
(I would love to take pics of us all on the floating platform, but I'm not wanting to jeopardize my camera. Next year I'll buy a disposable water camera.)
No comments:
Post a Comment