February 5, 2009

superbowl party

I'm starting to really like the month of February. It is becoming quite the busy month for us--first the Superbowl party kicks things off, then there's the annual daddy/daughter dance, then valentines day & two birthdays--it really is turning into a fun month!

So, this past weekend we had our traditional Superbowl party, now held at Jeff & Felicia's house. While it's sad to see the Logan tradition come to an end for whatever reason, it opens the door to continue a new tradition, here in Salt Lake. This year I couldn't decide which team I wanted to win. I'm comfortable with the Steelers (memories of '70's Steelers vs. Cowboys and all) but the Cardinals were the underdog. Eventually I cheered for the Cardinals, but alas, it wasn't meant to be this year. :( We had a lot of fun nonetheless and man, oh man, I had heartburn for the next two nights thanks to that party! Ugh!


Our festive dinner plates--Superbowl 43.

Our festive football platter & the culprit to my heartburn--buffalo wings!



My girls loooved the balloons

I made these football cupcakes myself. My hubby thought I was going overboard, but I reminded him that if I'm going to support this sport then I'm going to have fun with it my way!


One of our many games--the questionnaire. It makes watching the game so much more fun!

The quarter prizes for the lucky winner that has their name in the square ending with the same numbers as the quarter score.


Lysette won 2 of the 4 quarters this year (last year she won 3/4).



Everybody got really excited when the Cardinals ran the ball into the end zone...


...even Flea.

It was a very good play--longest touchdown run in Superbowl history.

Alyssa & Emma (two peas in a pod).

Lysette & Sarah--sweethearts.


Little miss Morgan fell asleep on the way home holding the football balloon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These parties are AWESOME!!
It also helps that February is tax return time!!

Anonymous said...

Aren't our kids sooo cute!! Great pictures as usual! I'm so glad that we have you guys to continue and start traditions with, we love ya!