May 24, 2009

monkey see monkey do

One of the things, if not the main thing, that sold Gene and I on this house was the backyard. It's huge with lots of mature trees and has sooo much potential for a pretend landscape-architect such as myself. Over the last several years we've tried our best to make it the "kool-aid" house on our street (are we living vicariously through our kids? Making up for lost childhood dreams? I dunno, that's another post). Mostly we just want our kids to play here, at home, instead of always wanting to go somewhere else. I dare say that we've been successful when the other day (shortly after our 6 tons of sand arrived) I looked outside and saw nine children that I didn't birth, in addition to my three. A "kid paradise" to quote Sarah. Kid approved by my own--that's saying something.

Well, apparently we missed something in our child-like visions of fun, and forgot all the temptations that face a two year old! Like how they can climb over the railing that you thought was safe enough. Little miss Morgan, in an attempt to be a "big girl" like her nine year old sister accidentally fell off the top of the club house and got a little buckle fracture on her right arm. :( Poor thing was treating her arm so gingerly that I knew something wasn't right and insisted on an Xray. Sure enough. I'm just so grateful that it wasn't worse!!! So now she's sporting a pink cast for the next 3 weeks, during which Gene and I will be raising the railing on the clubhouse and otherwise toddler-proofing the backyard.

Morgan grumpy that mommy wants to take a picture of her cast.


Cute little Morgan finally cooperating for a photo op...

Morgan's pink 6" long baby waterproof cast :(


Sarah liked jumping off the clubhouse with this rope swing...uh, not anymore (at lease not around Morgan).

1 comment:

Philip said...

Awww, poor thing. Cute cast (and matching fingernals too)!

Impossible to totally kid-proof things, best to safeguard the obvious things and then teach do's and don'ts as often as possible.

Broken bones are a right of passage. Glad she's okay.