November 3, 2009

trick or treat

I need to get out and vote today, but just wanted to quickly post some pics of our Halloween this year. Sarah went as a witch, Emma a Triceratops and Morgan a flamingo (yes, the same flamingo costume that I made for Sarah when she was two and that every one of my kids has had the chance to wear now).

The festivities started the day before when they got to dress up for Gene's work party. They had a blast playing all sorts of games, doing a cake walk and painting pumpkins. The next day, on Halloween, we had to choose between our ward party or our tradition of getting together with the cousins for trick-or-treating, soup bar and a scary movie. We chose getting together with family (but it makes me very frustrated that we seem to always have two or three parties happening at the same time every year--the kids didn't even get to see grandma or cousins on my side this year).

We had fun visiting, eating Lori's pumpkin soup, Lorraine's potato soup and my minestrone and watching The Corpse Bride after trick-or-treating. After we got home we weighed the loot, as usual, and Sarah got 3.25 pounds of candy, Emma got 2.85 pounds and Morgan got 1.5 pounds of candy. Then they sacrificed some of it to the "book witch" who, sure enough, brought them each a book the next morning. Amazing!

Emma the Triceratops, Morgan the flamingo and Sarah the witch.



Arriving at Gene's work for the Halloween party.


Sarah, Morgan and Emma on the cake walk at Gene's work.


Gene "Frankenstein" and Emma "witch"


Morgan flamingo checking out her goodies--it's hard to keep a baby focused on the games!

mummy pizza that I made for lunch...


...and Jello blood worms (the cream separated--they were supposed to be opaque)

Emma, Morgan and Sarah getting ready to go trick-or-treating.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I cannot believe you made that flamingo costume that is seriously too cute! You are a wondermom for certain!
by the way if you want to pass on that recipe for Minnestrone soup feel free I have been searching for a good one for a while now!
xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

EWWWW! Blood Worms....How fun! I missed seeing them this year. I am going to plan a Halloween party for next year so I can see all of my neices and nephews before Halloween.

Flea