January 23, 2010

girls night out

January has been busy and fun and hectic and lazy all at the same time--and I can't believe how fast it has flown by!

I said farewell to my nephew, Dean, a couple weeks ago. He's to be stationed in Germany for the next couple years. There is a possibility that his unit will have to serve in Iraq for a time. He better be safe!!

Last week I turned 40. Celebrated it with my bff, Felicia, and my hubby and kids. It was a pleasant day, albeit a surreal one--am I really 40? My niece says I look about 27-30. I feel younger than I thought I would at forty. So, I guess age really is just a number. Though I wouldn't trade the knowledge and life experience that I have now for anything!

Me and Rosann at a Jazz game for my birthday--girlfriend style.


The Utah Jazz playing the New Jersey Nets. We beat them 116-83 woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Jazz won? Was too caught up in the joy of conversing with you all evening!!

thanks again!

rosi

Carla said...

I had to look up the score online! Thanks for conversing and for the nachos! ;)