February 18, 2010

six is sweet

Where does the time go? I'm amazed that my Emma-girl is now 6 years old, in Kindergarten, reading, riding a two-wheeler and smack in the middle of childhood! *sob* :(

Last Saturday we held Emma's birthday party and invited her little friends from church. She wanted a chocolate on chocolate cake and purple & red balloons. She also wanted Hannah Montana decorations, but I was able to get by with just the color combination because, despite my best effort to sway my girls otherwise, they are now Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus fans. Ugh! Anyway, the party was a success--they played games, danced, ate food and opened presents. Between this and the skate party the other day Emma's birthday weekend has been "the best EVER!" I love you, my sweet-cheeks!


The night of her actual birthday we gave her the Hannah Montana movie DVD.
(Emma loves wearing Gene's shirts as p.j.'s to bed)

The day of her party, Emma with her presents and a rare "smile" for the camera!


Emma's birthday cake. Gotta love a girls who loves chocolate as much as I do! Yes, we were lame and had to do the 5+1=6 candle move.

Making a birthday wish.

Everyone waiting for the pizza & cake.
(front R-L: Emma, Morgan, Caitlyn, Sarah, Christina, Stella & Lily)

Emma opening her gifts (can never have too many Polly Pockets)

Funny girl, was more excited to get the My Meebas than just about anything else...

Gene opening the packaging and the kids playing.

No comments: