February 8, 2010

superbowl XLIV

Ahhh, the Superbowl. The only time of year that I really get into football any more. Although when BYU plays the UofU is pretty exciting too. This year we decided to host the party at our house (since we now have a TV worthy of the big game). I had to teach my class at church but as soon as it got out my family started arriving and we got cookin'. I prepared a salad and lemon bars, while Flea made her famous egg rolls. We got our 10-square and questionnaire ready, handed out and games prepped. Then enjoyed the pre-game show. For the record I loved the Snickers Betty White commercial! About half-time we put in the pizzas as our dinner (along w/ salad), not that we needed more food, but hey--it's football time! My hubby wanted the Colts to win (because of BYU players on the team) but secretly I'm glad that the Saints won, being as this was their first time to the Superbowl and all.


Everyone enjoying some munchies pre-game.


A look at our buffet table (nachos, meatballs, veggies, brownies, eggrolls, olives, crackers, heartburn, etc.)


My cute little lemon squares ala football decor.


Colts vs. Saints

Quarter prizes
(Incidentally Jeff won the 1st quarter, Lysette the 2nd & Flea the 3rd & 4th)

Jeff & Gene sufficiently stuffed. :)

Lysette tickling her brother, Jordan's, arm. Awww. ;)
Another shot of our chaos, er, party.
Jeff and Gene watching a re-play of a close touchdown.

Some of our decorations.

No comments: