March 26, 2010

snow day

A couple weeks ago we took a 'snow day' from school and attended the K12 field trip to Soldier Hollow to go cross-country skiing and tubing. (I haven't posted about it until now because it's hard to type with a broken finger--but that's another post.)

Anyway we had a blast! Sarah and Gene went cross-country skiing while I stayed in the lodge w/ the little ones and about an hour & a half later we all went tubing. They even had Morgan-sized tubes! The great thing about Soldier Hollow is they have a zip line to drag you and your tube back up to the top of the hill--which is wonderful because the hills are much steeper and longer than the pics indicate.

After about 4 hours we were sufficiently cold, worn out and hungry so we hit Arby's in Heber on the way home. BTW, I could live in Heber Valley in a heart beat! It's beautiful and so close to the mountains and Strawberry lake and Midway & Park City--love, love, love it!!!



Sarah cross-country skiing. Cutie pie!


Gene and Sarah heading out on their trail

Gene showing Sarah some of the moves we studied while watching the Winter Olympics.

Sweet Emma being pulled up hill by the zip line (Sarah, Gene & Morgan behind her).

We went down tied together and spun all over the place!

Emma warmed up to the thrill of it all pretty quickly!

Sarah had a blast, as did Morgan (over Sarah's shoulder laughing). I spent most of my time going down backwards, but I was just happy to NOT break my camera! ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun day!

Beccah said...

Looks like so much fun... Iseriously neeed to take my son tubing before it is too late! xoxox