May 10, 2010

retrospect--sarah's birthday celebrations

May has been so busy with year-end school stuff that I haven't had much time to update this blog--such is the life of a homeschooler! Plus, our laptop charger died, so it was a while before I could upload some pics. It sort of bugs me that I feel the need to post a photo in order to post anything at all on this blog, but I guess it's turned into more of a photographic journal. But I have lots of thoughts tumbling around in my head and so someday I might just write them out, photo or not.


Since Sarah had her birthday while we were gone to Tucson, we celebrated (with her friends) when we got back. She got to invite her closest friends and we took them swimming and then had cake & ice cream back at our house. She had a blast and her friends hung out for hours playing in our backyard and watching a movie (but, then again, they do that almost every weekend). Grandma came over a couple days later and gave Sarah her gifts--the girls always love it when Grandma comes over & brings them things!



Sarah & her friends trying to pop the balloons by bouncing on them before swimming.


Sarah (on her back), Taylor and Camille swimming & floating.

Sarah's bff, Christina (aka 'Noo Noo'), coming down the water slide.


Sarah blowing out her candles (from this angle it looks like she's turning 5 instead of 10).

Cake and ice cream time! Such cute girls!
(clockwise from top: Morgan, Noo Noo, Sarah, Camille, Lily, Emma, Madisen, Taylor)

Opening gifts from friends--summer gear and snacks was this year's theme.


Opening Grandma's gifts--a craft book and a Book of Mormon heroes book.

No comments: