January 18, 2011

one foot in

I had the BEST birthday ever! Aside from our tradition of going to the Sundance Film Festival, my long time best friend, Rosann, and her mom, Illona, came over to celebrate and lighten my heart from the knowledge that I am now, as Rosann said "Not just 40, but IN your 40's!" Thanks girlfriend! My mom came over too and so she got to visit with Illona, while Rosann and I visited and our kids played. It was such a wonderfully pleasant way to spend my birthday...or any day, for that matter, it was just lovely!!

Three generations of friends:

Annette & Illona (since 1966)

Carla & Rosann

Emma, Morgan, Sarah and Chloe & Sierra


Rosann gave me a Patriotic Nutcracker (she knows of my love of nutcrackers) They brought with them pizza... ...and yummy gourmet donuts! Sierra and Emma playing with balloons and their imaginations


Sarah entertaining Chloe


The whole gang at lunch time. Thank you so much, Rosann and Illona, for the wonderful birthday!!! Love you guys!

No comments: