November 1, 2005

the week in pictures 11/1

Alternate title: A week about nothing.

Last week, for the most part, was supposed to be really fun; story time at a library, Dino park, etc. but those plans fell through and we were met with an unexpected plan or two instead. Mid-week we were shopping at a favorite store of mine, walking along rather rushed. One of those "Keep up, Mommy's in a hurry" type of trips when all of a sudden Sarah face-plants on the corner of a metal cross bar at the bottom of a clothes rack. I turn around to see her on the floor crying, so I squat down to give her a hug and to have a better look at her face. A manager came over and helped us to customer service where they gave Sarah an ice pack and a sucker. I had to fill out an incident report stating that, no, it wasn't due to faulty carpeting or a slippery floor on your part, but instead it was due to the wondering mind and the "zig-zag" walking of my daughter. Then, of course, I had to take Sarah into an Instacare to have her eye looked at and checked thoroughly. She got a clean bill of health and didn't need stitches, but there may be a tiny scar left anyway. Poor girl. She handled the doctor's office very well and was very polite.
Friday I attended the baby shower of a dear life-long friend of mine. Rosann. It was very nice, but alas my pocket pc/camera does not take good pictures in low light, so there will not be a picture of that. I'm so excited for Rosann to have her baby though --she's having a girl which means PLAYDATES and her baby and Emma will only be about 20 months apart.

No comments: