
My folks are off gallivanting in Sweden for the next 2 weeks! A good part of our family history comes from Sweden. My Mom has been dreaming about going for decades, and has been planning this trip for at least the last year. They plan on visiting some relatives and touring about 4 different cities. I hope they have the time of their lives!

"Zee de moofin? Ond ik will mit de boome shooten!"
One of the images that comes to mind when I think about Sweden is the Muppets Swedish Chef. I loved the way he talked, like: "Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, Smorrgeborgen...Bork, Bork, Bork"!
Sometimes I would laugh myself to tears.
I have some lesson printouts about Sweden (maps, culture, basic child language) for Sarah, so that we can experience "where Grandma is" simultaneously. And, like in our homeschool Culture Club, we can make Swedish cuisine and play native games to enhance the learning. Maybe I'll post her work here.
Another image that comes to mind is IKEA, and (Yay!) they have finally broken ground for the new store only 15 minutes from my house!!! I'm giddy with anticipation!
No comments:
Post a Comment