June 24, 2008

books

I just had to post about my two book-worms. Sarah loves reading so much that we can hardly keep her in books. Currently we buy her books because we feel reading is such an investment
that, at this age, the books will get good use and be passed down to younger sisters. Emma's not crazy about reading yet--she's only 4--every now and then she likes being read to, but playing with toys still tops her list as favorite things to do. Eventually, however, we're going to have to get Sarah's books at the library if this keeps up (and I hope it does). This Thursday I need to return the K12 curriculum we used for schooling this past year, but before I do I wanted to take this picture:


All the books that Sarah, herself, read this past school year
(with the exeption of a few that are lost).
Clara and the Bookwagon was the first book she read, and it took her a week, but now she's going through 200+ pages in a few days. I couldn't be more proud!




This is my other book-worm, little miss Morgan. :) Though the books get more abuse being tossed & chewed on, rather than read, Morgan is always drawn to books first, toys last. I snapped this picture when I went looking for her (because it was too quiet), and this is how I found her. Sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
It's wonderful that the girls are so encouraged to read. All their lives reading will be RECREATION for them and not just something they have to do. Even when there is nothing else to do, even if electricity, TV and movies were shut off for some reason, if they have something to read they can still enjoy life. Love, Barbara

10:43 PM

Anonymous said...

chels said...
YAY! Another book worm!!!! :D

(I'm starting to think I haven't read this in FOREVER . . . )

10:00 PM