February 8, 2009

daddy daughter dance '09

Last Friday Gene took Sarah & Emma to the annual Daddy Daughter Valentines dance. First, I must say, looking back at previous dance posts, that Sarah is growing up quite rapidly--like into a tween! I can hardly stand it, but she's so beautiful.

This was Emma's second year and so, being older, she was able to stay awake and enjoy it more. She loved the singer! She actually said: "Mom, the blond girl was magnificent! She should be on American Idol!" She also loved the magician and cracked up telling me all about his bunny tricks. Sarah loved playing the games & winning loot, and they both loved eating the cookies and punch. They all danced fast and slow (awww) songs and then Gene took them out to their traditional eat-spot, IHOP, afterward. He's such a good daddy!!!

With the exception of the top photo the rest are taken with Sarah's camera that she insisted on bringing (and I'm so glad she did).

Emma Rose with Daddy and Sarah Jo
(we can't teach Emma to smile for the camera for the life of us).

Sarah (in the red) dancing with her friends and playing a hoola-hoop game

Sarah trying to get her body through the hoola-hoop
Gene and Emma dancing.

Emma and Sarah watching the magician and balloon artist.

This is Emma's late night post smiley-face-pancake glazed look.
Very contented I must say.

3 comments:

Philip said...

Wonderful post and great pictures! I love seeing someone write about a dad who just loves his kids and is enjoying all the important details.

I got to take my daughter to the father-daughter dance last week too, and it was the first time I couldn't pick her up for the slow songs. They grow up so quickly . . .

Carla said...

Thanks mm!

Anonymous said...

Who is this good-looking Daddy guy? I was reading my old 1953-55 letters to Sirren. In one I mentioned I would like to have 7 children. Nice to see that sweet #7 here on your blog. BarB