February 6, 2009

things that make me go hmmm...

Let me preface this by saying that, politically speaking, I'm a moderate. A liberal conservative if you will. So what that I listen to Sean Hannity & Glenn Beck, in fact I really like them, that doesn't make me a right-winged conspiratorial wack job. And I'm sure as heck not a left-winged nut job. However, I've been noticing a lot of "subliminal" advertising these days in our new Obama-nation. I used to think it was maybe just me, but there's a lot of talk on message boards about this as well: company's logos that are created on purpose to look similar to the Obama campaign logo.


Obama


Pepsi

NFL

And even commercials such as:

the Driving America (check out the logo) and the Chrysler Jeep "Yes we can" commercial.

Maybe they feel a sense of obligation to Obama for the $TRILLIONS$ of federal dollars in the bailout?! But I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that we'll see more of this. Look. I think Obama is a very charming, articulate, motivational speaker and those are definitely good qualities for the leader of the free world to have, but therein lies the deceptiveness. However, he is NOT the Messiah--the chosen one--who will end all problems. I just wish we'd all STOP paying such allegiance to him and start paying allegiance to this country and it's Constitution (not to mention our Maker).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, if we pay allegiance to our leader {Obama} we are paying the same homage to the Constitution. He is DULY elected BY THE PEOPLE. It could be Hitler, you know. BarB {Your Obama lovimg M-in-law.}

Carla said...

There's a difference between accepting him as our President and being respectful (even though one disagrees with policies), and the Obama-mania that is going on out there--like he's the Messiah or something. THAT is not the kind of allegiance we need IMO.