October 14, 2009

bravo, hubby! bravo!

Twice a year at my husband's work they honor the top 10% of employees who, for the previous six months, have had perfect stats, sales, revenue and whatnot--which all in all results in only a handful of employees. They are rewarded with a fancy-shmancy dinner at the Grand America Hotel, a reward/plaque presented by the big-wigs and later some awesome gifts. The event is called the "Bravo!" banquet. Every time it has a different theme. My husband has been to the last 4 out of 5. (He's awesome!)

The theme for this Bravo! event was: "Mystery aboard the Bravo express". A 1939 train ride/jewelry heist. We dressed up in 1930-40's era fashion, got a babysitter and enjoyed a night out on the town. I haven't documented one of these parties in a long time, let alone with my nice camera, so this time I took my good camera and snapped away. Let me walk you through the party...

The hour before the program starts is "cocktail" hour--for hors d'oeuvres, mingling and picture taking, also for setting up the "plot".

Some of Gene's colleagues dressed to era perfection! I loved it!
(Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era.)


Gene with the Master of Ceremonies, aka: the conductor (who later made a costume change to Inspector Jacque Clouseau from The Pink Panther).

When it's time for the program to begin the doors open to music playing with all the bosses standing on both sides throwing confetti as we walk in. This is the back of Gene.

The first course is a salad with marinated pear, served with sweet cream paste and dressing.
In between courses the big-wigs present the awards. They're displayed on the big screen, as well as the clues for the plot and the speeches from the MC.
Our dinner course was filet Mignon topped with mushroom sauce served on top a flattened potato. Also a halibut steak topped with red peppers and served with a side of asparagus & carrot. YUM! Fresh dinner rolls and fake champagne completed the dinner.


Then it was Gene's turn to receive his award. His name flashed on the big screen and the CEO's took their pictures with him holding the plaque. So proud was I.


Next was a dessert of red devil's food cake topped with shaved chocolate and berry sauce.

After the awards are done and dessert is finished they open the floor up for dancing (but we didn't go there). Usually folks just mingle.

Anyway, this is my hubby--doesn't he look dapper? I'm so proud of him and I'm so glad that I've been able to attend these functions with him a) to see him shine and b) to enjoy such an extravagant night out! Thanks honey, love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics of Gene....and to being in the Top Ten !!!!Congrats to you both. But missed seeing your pic. there, Carla .?????? Mom Barbara