So, I called a long-time friend of mine and took her up on her invitation to visit her whenever I wanted, called a hotel and made a reservation and then hit the road--just me, my Magellan and some snacks. I didn't get very far before the realization hit me and I got instantly giddy! I cranked up the tunes and called my husband to thank him for allowing me this opportunity and told him how giddy I was. The traveling itself was so beautiful--Fall leaves mingled with pine trees then slowly giving way to the rolling plains of farm country and again to the red rock boulders of the Uintah basin. I arrived at my friend, Julie's, house in the early afternoon and for the next two days we talked and shopped and sat in a hot tub and stayed up late talking some more until it was time for me to go home. Tired, but emotionally rejuvenated! What a difference a little girl time can make!
Fall colors near Heber on my way to Vernal.
Greeted by the Vernal dinosaur "Dinah"
(and yes, I thought "Oh, my girls would love to see this!")

My hotel room--ALL TO MYSELF! :)
I got to eat dinner with Julie's family: Jacob, Julie, John (her husband), James, Jared & Joseph...
...and watch her boys (Jared) climb the walls (with their mother's permission)...
...and show off their piano playing skills (Jacob).
In the morning Julie and I attended the Vernal LDS temple & visited for a long time.
Then we went boutique shopping on Main street--something she doesn't get to do very often with four boys.
Outside the dinosaur museum--one of many dino statues.
Julie, Jacob-11 (OMGosh), Jared-9, Joseph-4 & James-2.
Me & Julie outside the museum--16 years to the month of when we first met/became mission companions.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a well deserved blast!!! Good for you! I love those pictures of the fall colors soo beautiful. I hope you feel rested and rejuvinated!! xoxoxoxo
Oh My!!!! I love it!!! soooo fun to see the both of you!!! I can't believe she has all those boys and you have all those girls!!!
Post a Comment