A couple months ago my husband came home from work with a gift bag, and announced to me that he had earned an award for making the top 1% (nationally) in goals at his work--and that the award was a four-days/three-nights all expenses paid retreat to Tucson, Arizona in April. Woot! It's called the President's Circle of Excellence and out of 27,000 employees nationwide only 170 get to attend (along with their guests).
I've blogged about the times when Gene has made the 'Bravo' events here and here (plus another one that I forgot to take my camera to). Bravo is based on a six month review of the local employees and he's made that three or four times in his career, but to make it at the national level in the 'President's Circle' is really quite the achievement! I'm very proud of him!
We had so much fun--at first I thought I'd be apprehensive and feel guilty about leaving my kiddos for so long, but we left them in the very capable hands of my niece, Alyssa so we had absolutely no worries. We were pampered and spoiled the entire time, around the third day I thought "I could get used to this reeeeal fast!"
Anyway, I've broken the trip down into three posts because of the plethora of photos and information. Oooooh, so many fun stories to tell, but can I just say how much I really enjoyed Tucson...and how much I love hotel rooms?! Seriously, every time I'm in one I fall in love all over again. Just sayin'. So, please come with me on our retreat to Tucson.....
After a lay over in Phoenix and a half-hour bus ride to the hotel, what's the first thing we did? Get on the laptop. They had ran out of rooms with King beds, but we got our own private balcony. Here's Gene looking forward to the weekend.
The view from our room: a hill with Saguaro cactuses (cacti?), or as someone said 'a forest of giant pickles'. ;)
About 4 hours after arriving I got a pedicure by a guy who reminded me of Prince. After only 3 hours of sleep and 5 hours on a plane my feet are ridiculously puffy.
We got to the hotel before noon and had the entire afternoon to do whatever we wanted, then at 6:00pm dinner was served in a 'meet & greet' fashion. All 170 employees and their guests mingled and listened to Mariachi bands.
Here's the dessert buffet w/ berry cobbler, s'mores, churros, flan and...
...peanut butter cups. I thought they were pretty, but didn't have one (not a fan of PB & chocolate together. Now you know).
We mingled until 11pm, and then when we got back to our hotel room we had a gift waiting (more on that later). Here's the breakfast buffet in the morning. Already I was feeling like I was aboard a cruise ship, as I've heard rumors about the abundance of food around every corner!
2 comments:
I love hotel rooms and believe they are the secret reason I long to have a best selling novel so I will be forced to do a book tour and sleep in a billion of them.... but the very fact that that is the longest run on sentence in history makes me conclude I will never be an award winning author! Sigh...
Love the pic... Congrats to your hubby... and I will overlook the fact that you don't like choc and pb together... usually that destroys a friendship but I just like you too much! heheheeh
xoxoxo
Gene, you must have worked really hard and well for all this reward....with you helping, Carla. Bless your hearts, you have earned the luxury. Love.....MoM Bybee
Post a Comment