February 22, 2006

birthday fun in photos

I've eluded to the fact that my birthday, last month, was great and this is, in part, why- Gene took me to the Sundance Film Festival on opening day. I have wanted to go for years now, but for some reason, always seemed to miss it.

I would love to report that I mingled with the rich and famous (as I went to Sundance as much for this reason as for the films) but, sadly, I can not. Turns out that if you want to "mingle" you must pay a club price quite equal to an "arm and a leg". Not to mention the waiting in line for hours. That all said, I did still have a blast! We were gone ALL DAY and left our kids with my niece who got permission to get out of school. Thanks Alyssa (and Flea)! For opening day it was surprisingly easy to find parking, in fact, everything that day went surprisingly smooth.

I love that, at Sundance, after the film ends there's always a Q & A period with the Directors and Actors. In the morning we saw a comedy that was also the world premiere for the director/actor. It was a huge deal for him and he was very humble about it, even when Roger Ebert, having sat in, came up to him and gave him his card! We ate lunch at a nice hotel cafe and then saw a drama that was well acted but very depressing. Next year I hope to end the evening on a lighter movie.

Roger Ebert talking with the director Hadji about his movie. (He gave it a "thumbs up".)


Me with Hadji at the Sundance Film Festival. I love the up-the-nostril angle and how pasty-white I am! Ugh! Home girl needs a tan!

In addition to the Sundance Fun-filled weekend, my SIL, Lorraine, took me out to lunch at the Macaroni Grill and then later joined my Mom in taking me to the movies!!! Thanks Lorraine, Mom, Flea (for the clothes) and dear hubby! Y'all rock!

No comments: