February 15, 2006

lazy wednesday post

February has been a busy, yet fun, month -with a super fun Super Bowl party, homeschooling classes, book clubs and birthday parties. Emma just turned 2! That speaks for itself.

I have neglected this blog, but I have a short break today (before planning our HS Olympics class and attending my Educators meeting) and thought I'd better do something. I got this from Nilo. Hang in there, this weekend I hope to post oodles and oodles of pictures from the last six weeks.

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
"...to lessen, to make less severe, to alleviate." The Oxford Collegiate Dictionary; word alleviate.

2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
The refrigerator. We like keeping the laptop in a main room of the house.

3) What is the last thing you watched on TV?
The Olympic coverage on NBC last night. Watched Ted Ligety (Utah native) win Gold in the Alpine race -Woohoo!!!

4) Without looking, guess what time it is.
12:49

5) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
12:34

6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
My children playing & screaming & laughing & staking their claim with their valentine boxes.

7) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Last night (Valentines Day), going out to dinner with my husband -yummy!

8) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
The homeschooling message boards, which I check faithfully every morning for co-op class and fieldtrip info. Love the ladies on that site!

9) What are you wearing?
*sigh* My pajama bottoms and one of my favorite long sleeve shlumpy shirts. Totally uncoordinated. Totally comfortable.

10) Did you dream last night?
Yes. A very wacky and disturbing dream about Nazi's and sexual preferences.

11) When did you last laugh?
This morning. On the phone with my SIL.

12) What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Mail holder, white board and nothing else. We're going to be painting soon! :)

13) Seen anything weird lately?
Not so much "seen", but "heard" TOO MANY weird stories this past week. All real. Explains #10.

14) What do you think of this quiz?
okay so far.

15) What is the last movie you saw?
I honestly can't remember. I'll have to get back to this one... Fun with Dick and Jane.

16) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I'd put the "multi" part into a saving account and live off the interest. But I'd easily spend a cool one mill to pay off our newly remodeled house, buy another house back East, then vacation, savings for my kids, etc.

17) Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I spent two years ballet dancing on toe shoes. I've also torn the ligaments in my right ankle so many times I'll never be able to dance that way again. Which makes me kind of sad.

18) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Geographically, I'd make an island in the middle of a shark infested ocean, like way out there by the Marquesas Islands, for all the scum of the earth to reside. Like Alcatraz, without the possibility of escape. As far as human nature goes, I'd make everyone have a sense of humor about themselves.

19) Do you like to dance?
Love to! Although an insulated thirty-something getting jiggy with it isn't very attractive.

20) George Bush?
That's not a complete question. What about him? (told you I like to dance)

21) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Clarissa. If my husband could pronounce it correctly.

22) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
I like Caleb.

23) Would you ever consider living abroad?
For a short time in a favorite country. Even shorter in a non-fav place.

24) What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"Welcome home! Do you like what I've done with the place?" (As I would surely be checking heaven out and because He knows I like interior decorating.)

Well, there! Twenty four random questions for your lazy reading pleasure.

No comments: