"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.
It turns problems into gifts, failures into success,
the unexpected into perfect timing and mistakes into important events.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
- Melodie Beattie
With Thanksgiving approaching (and by the way, does it make anyone else sad that we seem to go straight from Halloween to Christmas anymore?) I've been thinking, as I do every year, about what I'm truly thankful for. My gratitude varies from year to year. That is to say that some years I'm gratefully reflective on a couple major blessings, while other years I might be having a pity-party for one and not really feel thankful for much, and thankfully that doesn't happen too often.
Well, this year I can't help but think about all the little things in my life that I'm grateful for, and as I thought about them I got the idea to post, on this blog, 1 blessing a day leading up to Thanksgiving--that's only 22 blessings (and I've been blessed far far more than that). These are in no particular order and have no underlining significance, other than they've touched me in some way and that I'm thankful for each one. And since it's already November 8th, I'll play catch up with the first eight here.
- I'm thankful for Robitussin cough syrup. I've been sick lately, hence the lack of posts. That and Hall's cough drops. Basically, cold remedies in general.
- I'm thankful for a caring husband who is willing to humor an insanely sick, sad wife and who fills up my steam vaporizer each night before bed.
- I'm thankful for my seven year old, Sarah, who, being an incredibly thoughtful daughter, will help take care of her two little sisters like a mother hen. Will bring me Eggo's and milk in bed and rub my feet and check in on me from time to time when I'm not feeling well. Such an incredible blessing to have her in my life!
- I'm thankful for Thursday night TV! I love my t.v.! "It's my only true friend...the only one who really understands me." Don't anybody say anything bad about my friend! :)
- I'm thankful for soup. I love soup! Think about it...is there a better comfort food for when one is sick or it's cold outside? And the nutrition. Please. It's like a liquid meal, you could totally survive on soup.
- I'm so thankful for music! I'm in love with music! I can't think of any other medium that can stir up memories as fast, deliver a message as eloquently, and commiserate with a broken heart as well as music. It makes the patriotic more patriotic and marks the happy events in our lives with even more joy. And the holiday's...please.
- I'm thankful that I can fit into a pair of jeans (only 8 months after having a baby) that once took me 15 months post-partum to fit into. Yay!
- I'm thankful that I was able to vote last Tuesday. And even though I don't agree with the results (it's only a matter of time), I'm thankful for the opportunity.
-----
(BTW, here's a pic of Emma & Sarah outside of Daddy's work Halloween party:)
No comments:
Post a Comment