November 22, 2007

blessings 17-22

So, life has been hectic with all the preparations and cleaning and what-not for the holidays. And I fear that by posting blessings en mass it appears to trivialize them, but be not mistaken--I am deeply grateful for my blessings just the same. A little piece of trivia about the above illustration, I seem to recall that I once heard that the gentleman in the bottom right corner is a cameo of Norman Rockwell himself. Clever. I wish everyone health and safety and a Happy Thanksgiving!

17. I'm thankful for sleep! My baby decides to sleep through the night every now and then, and last night she did and I'm happy and alert and a better person for it.

18. I'm thankful for extended family. Siblings, in-laws, cousins, nieces and nephews with all their wonderful eccentricities. For those of you that I have a "soul mate" connection with--that touch my life in amazing ways and help me more than you'll ever know--thank you & I love you!

19. I'm thankful for cuddling. Let's be honest here, it's wonderful to feel so connected with someone you love. It's fun and healthy and comforting.

20. I'm thankful for my talents. There are certain things I wish I could do and every now and then I think "it's never too late to learn", such as piano. However, I can sing. I can paint and draw and sew and quilt and scrapbook and dance. But I think it's the un-sung talents of humor and organizational skills and the ability to comfort and nurture that I'm especially grateful for.

21. I'm thankful for rain and snow. I love cloudy days! Love them! Sadly we seem to be in somewhat of a drought so far, but dramatic--but not tragic--weather makes me happy.

22. I'm thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. That he suffered for me and the mistakes I've made and continue to make while I'm learning. I'm thankful that I'm able to be forgiven and learn to forgive while striving for a better me, and that He helps me see that & that He loves me no matter what! I'm so eternally grateful for that!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: