November 13, 2007

blessings 9-12

Three lines, 1964 by George Rickey


9. I'm thankful for art. The above sculpture I saw on a show and is displayed in the DeCordova Museum in Boston. Two of it's three blades use kinetic energy and sway to and fro with the slightest breeze, allowing light to play off the shiny metal. I like the way viewing art evokes different feelings, and I love the process of creating art--in any medium.

10. I'm thankful for Metamucil. Especially after having a baby. Yes. Fiber laxative. Call it a mid-life crisis if you want --if I live to be 74, I'm officially "mid-life", and let's just say it makes me feel gooooood!

11. I'm thankful for my three-year old, Emma. There are times when I think that this child will be the end of me, but then her sweet, tender spirit shows up and envelopes my heart like a warm blanket. She is simply the funniest, most sensitive, most adorable kid I know.

12. I'm eternally grateful for Forgiveness. This past weekend, when conversing about a hot-button topic with my husband, I lost it and acted shamefully--completely gone...out of my head...crazy. Somehow he was able to just sit there and listen to my rant. In addition, the next day he was able to show compassion to me while I sobbed in embarrassment and apologized, then he comforted me and forgave me...for which I am thankful. It got me thinking about some quotes I've heard over the years:

"The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Somehow forgiveness, with love and tolerance,
accomplishes miracles that can happen in no other way." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." -Peter Ustinov

No comments: