13. I'm thankful for humor--for anything that makes me laugh and for the ability (sometimes) to make others laugh. My all-time favorite comedians are Mel Brooks, Paul Reiser and, of course, Jerry Seinfeld, but I love Conan O'Brien & Tina Fey. My favorite shows that lift me up when I'm feeling down are The Simpson's and M*A*S*H and, now, The Office & 30 Rock! One can't go wrong with The Far Side either. One goal in my life is to make sure that my children laugh every single day.14. I'm thankful for my 8 month old, Morgan. She is beyond words... the sweetest and most cuddly and well tempered and most wonderful baby ever! Hands down! She melts my heart the way she looks at me and kicks her little chubby legs when she gets excited. She has 6 teeth now, but still a mean gag-reflex and so eating solids is slow going, but she loves to chew on blankets and rubbery toys. I love watching her grow and I'm so grateful that she's in our family!
15. I'm thankful for food storage. There have been many times that we've felt the peace that comes from being prepared and having some extra food and essentials laying around, whether it be an extra tight pay period or between jobs or being able to pass on blessings to someone else by lending them some food. Of course, we also do our best to rotate our food on a regular basis -"store what you eat and eat what you store".
16. I'm thankful for the luxuries of modern day living! From the obvious like electricity, and running water and indoor plumbing to our personal comforts, ie: the computer, iPods, cell phones, on-line banking, disposable diapers and also our wheat grinder and pasta maker and dehydrator, etc. (that can help with said food storage).
No comments:
Post a Comment