August 1, 2009

temple tour

We are lucky enough, in this valley, to have two new temples recently built (and in fact the city I live in is the only city to have two temples within it's boundaries). My family, along with my mother-in-law, got to tour the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple the other day. It was beautiful inside and out! I loved the stone they used through out the interior. My daughters were incredibly well behaved--especially for standing in line for up to an hour before even getting inside, then the tour lasted another 40 minutes. At the end they were rewarded with cookies and water at the hospitality tent. I loved seeing all of us inside the sealing room (the girls loved the "eternal" look in the mirrors), but most of all I loved it when Emma said "This is the best day of my life ever!" Awww, she felt the spirit! I did too.

Our little family outside the new Oquirrh Mountain temple.

A closer view of the pretty sandstone.


The angel Moroni that sits atop the steeple was struck by lightning in June and thus turned the trumpet, arm and face of the statue black. No word on whether or not the church will resurface it.
To read about the purpose of LDS temples click here.


1 comment:

Taralyn said...

Oh Carla, You look GREAT!!! So glad I found you and Post - So much Fun.....