July 30, 2009

a funny thing happened on the way to...

Last week my sister-in-law, Felicia, invited me to go to an outdoor concert of The Fray with her and since she was buying I slowly jumped at the chance (it took some coercing since I could take or leave that group). I must admit, however, that once we were on our way I was very glad to have a chance for a girl's night out and I liked the opening acts--Meese and Jack's Mannequin--as much as I enjoyed The Fray.


But, in typical Felicia-fashion, and only after sitting in a looong line of traffic to get into the parking lot, as we're about to leave the car she announces that she forgot the tickets! CRAP! So we called Jeff who was less than enthusiastic about rushing (at a snails pace) over through traffic to give us the tickets--but he did anyway and so we were able to see all the opening acts and grab a bite to eat. (Incidentally that day was hands down THE worst eating day I've had in a long time: Twix for breakfast, Slurpee for lunch and nachos for dinner--ugh! I paid for it the next day!) We ended up having a lot of fun (shocker) and made it home late, but pretty smooth as far as traffic was concerned. Thanks Flea~love ya!

Entertaining ourselves while waiting for Jeff to arrive with the tickets.
Cracking ourselves up posing for up-the-nostril-double-chin shots!
(she's gonna kill me when she sees this)

The long line into the parking lot ("if you build it they will come").

Felicia getting the goods from Jeff (thank you bro).

The view from our seats--not too far back and not in the mosh pit that formed later.

Me and Flea, before The Fray came out.

They put on a pretty good show--decent lighting.


No comments: