July 9, 2009

independence day

I can't believe that it's already July! Time is ticking by faster and faster, ladies and gentlemen, mark my words, I'll wake up tomorrow and my kids'll be grown.

Anyway, just a quick note about the end of June--Emma went to the dentist (believe it or not she loves our dentist, seriously, he's right up there with Santa Claus) for a cavity filling. Morgan got her cast off. Yay! She was starting to use that thing as a weapon (and it really hurt). As a result of Sarah being enrolled in K12 we all got to participate in the K12 Lagoon day (discounted, thank you very much), and we had a blast (sorry, no pics)! The crowds and weather were perfect. And, I got a LOT of gardening done!

So, here we have the fourth of July and, as happens every year, I find myself a little less rock-n-roll and a little more country. (I've been listening to Martina McBride, Tim McGraw & the Wynonna Judd constantly for the last week.) I begin to feel my gratitude for this manifest destiny swell and I'm suddenly hyper-aware of my blessings in direct contrast to the tribulations in other lands. Despite the fact that I don't agree with the course of the current administration I remain grateful and hopeful and ever aware of God's hand in our freedoms. Enjoy the pics from our little corner of America:


Our annual 4th of July ward primary bike parade--Emma, Sarah and Lorenzo breaking rank.

Emma waving (incidentally she no longer needs those training wheels).
Morgan hanging in there till the annual ward breakfast following the parade
(the gold stars were supposed to go on this to make it look like a M*A*S*H jeep)

Gene, looking very patriotic, pulling the wagon and video duty.

Then Jeff, Felicia and cousins came over for a barbecue, games (Bocce) and fireworks.

Sarah with a blue smoke bomb.

I love this photo! Cousin Jordan (Jordie) helping Morgan with a sparkler.
(The girls love Jordie. Jordie loves being called Jordie.)

Dessert: a 3 milk cake, made by yours truly, frosted with cream cheese frosting and decorated with patriotic flair. (Dinner was hamburgers with side salads and corn on the cob.)

Hands down the moistest cake you'll ever have.
Emma and Alyssa cuddling on the swing with full tummies and happy faces.

Then Jordan got a hold of my camera and presents you with the following:

refreshments...


a close-up of my Kentucky bluegrass...

firecrackers, or poppers, in action...

his lighter...

and pyrotechnics.

LET FREEDOM RING!

No comments: