My mother just had her 67th birthday and to celebrate we (Felicia, Lysette and I) took her to the
Grand America hotel for afternoon tea & cakes. My mom has always wanted to go to the Grand America (Salt Lake's only 5 star hotel--thank you Warren Buffet) and see the interior or take a tour. She enjoyed herself as much as I suspected she would. Here's some pics of the day:

Mom and Lysette sitting in the foyer waiting for tea time.

My mom (who always dresses well) enjoying her raspberry tea.

This is the coolest thing: When you first sit at your table there's this glass with a small, tight bud inside of it. Then the waitress pours hot water into the glass and over a period of 10 minutes or so the bud slowly opens up and blooms. This is golden tea and, yes, it's drinkable like this.

While enjoying our tea and cakes the harp plays softly in the background.

These are the finger sandwiches & scones, we each got half a dozen--salmon, turkey, ham, egg salad, cucumber, etc. The scones were served with clotted cream and jam and were to. die. for!

We each got our own little tea pot (I had cranberry autumn with cream), and after the sandwiches our waitress delivered our french pastries with strawberries and cream for dessert.

Group photo--my mom, me, Felicia and Lysette. What a fun afternoon!
1 comment:
What a fun afternoon! I never got to go to the Grand America while living in Utah. I will one day though...
Post a Comment